What is Exercise?
Exercise is also known as physical activity which is planned and structured and repetitive for the purpose of conditioning any part of the body. This helps to improve health and maintain fitness. This is an important way to preserve physical and mental health. Doing exercise increase the energy levels, improves muscle strength, to maintain a healthy weight, enhances the immune system, and keeps the heart-healthy. Exercise not only keeps us fit but also helps in the prevention of diseases and other health issues.
What are the different types and benefits of Exercises?
There are different types and benefits of exercises. Exercise is divided into three categories they are Aerobic, Anaerobic and Agility training. Let us know them in detail.
Aerobic exercises mainly help to uses oxygen. This takes a long period intensity and this involves warming up, exercising for 20 minutes and then cooling down.
- It improves the muscle strength in the lungs, heart, and whole body
- It also lowers the blood pressure and improves the circulation for all the muscles of the body.
- In helps to increase the red blood cell count, which enhances the oxygen transportation to the body parts.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes, stroke and cardiovascular disease.
- Stimulates bone growth and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- It also improves sleep hygiene.
- Enhances stamina by increasing the body ability to store energy molecules, such as fats and carbohydrates within the muscle.
Anaerobic exercises: Anaerobic exercises do not use oxygen for energy. This is used to build the power, strength and muscle mass. This is a high-intensity exercise that cannot last for more than 2 minutes. This exercise includes weight lifting, sprinting, intensive and fast skipping, interval training, isometrics, and any rapid burst of intense activity.
Benefits: All the exercises benefit the lungs and heart, anaerobic exercise lower befits of cardiovascular health. This is more effective for building muscle and improving strength. Increasing muscle mass causes the body to burn more fat, even when resting. Muscle is the more effective tissue for burning fat in the body.
Agility training: Agility training aims to improve a person’s ability to maintain control while speeding up, slowing down and changing direction. People who take part in sports that heavily rely on positioning, coordination, speed, and balance need to engage in inability training regularly. There are some sports that can be practiced by many people are tennis, American football, hockey, badminton, volleyball, basketball, soccer, martial arts, boxing, and wrestling.
Stretching and flexibility: There are some exercises combine stretching, muscle conditioning and balance training. This popular and effective exercise is yoga. Yoga movements improve balance, flexibility, posture, and circulation. This yoga is practiced form thousands of years ago and aims to unify the mind, body, and spirit. Now a day’s yoga is a combination of meditation, posture and breathing exercise.
What are the benefits of Exercise?
There are many benefits in doing regular exercises and maintaining fitness are as follows:
- Exercise improves both the strength and the efficiency of your cardiovascular system to get the oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.
- It keeps the muscles to stay strong, tendons and ligaments flexible, which allows to move our joints easily and avoid injuries. They improve coordination and balance.
- The more exercise you do the more calories you burn. The more muscles you develop the higher your metabolic rate.
- Exercise increases the blood flow and oxygen levels to the brain. It encourages the brain to release the chemicals that are responsible for the production of the cells in the hippocampus, the part of the brain that controls memory and learning.
- Doing exercises reduces the bad cholesterol that clogs your arteries and increases the good cholesterol and reduces the blood pressure that reduces the stress to the heart. It also strengthens the heart muscles and the combination of healthy diet and exercise lowers the risk of coronary heart diseases.
- Regular exercises help to control blood glucose levels and also helps to prevent obesity.
- It also enhances the immune system, it improves the ability to pump the oxygen and nutrients around your body that require to fuel the cells that fight bacteria and viruses.
- Staying active reduces the like hood of developing some degenerative bone diseases. Weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, or weight training lowers the risk of both osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
- Being fit may also reduce the risk of colon cancer, breast cancer and possibly also the lung and endometrial cancers are reduced.
- Keeping our body fit also helps to reduce the risk of aging.
How to start exercise?
Exercise is very difficult for some people. But by following the below instructions can help you to be fit and healthy:
- You may want to do the exercise for certain reasons like a health issue or some other reasons. You should always know the reason for what you are doing and increase your exercise levels accordingly.
- Do the exercise and increase the levels day by day, this reduces the risk of getting injured and also helps to be stable.
- Get the targets based on the goals you set and celebrate the wins that can boost your confidence.
- The result will be more effective if the person enjoys the physical activities and involves in it.
- It is best to have a friend or partner in doing exercise this helps to enjoy the session more and there will not be any stress if someone is around.
- People must take the instructions of the trainer and that helps to do the exercise more effectively. They provide motivation and guidance and helps to set the goals and stay dedicated.
- We need to change the exercise plans for a few weeks. This helps to increase personal work and makes the muscles to be flexible and increase the benefits.
- After the few weeks of regularity, an exercise routine becomes a habit, even if it difficult or boring at the starting.
- The benefits of regular exercise are wide-reaching and should form a part of every person’s daily life.
How much you should exercise?
Exercise should be followed by people between 19 to 65. They should make it a habit and a daily routine to escape for chronic diseases and reduce the risk of getting injured. There are different types of exercises for various diseases and different postures help to reduce the risk of getting sick.
Cardiorespiratory exercise: this exercise is meant for increasing the heartbeat and breathing rate. The exercises include walking, running, swimming, cycling, dancing, and team sports such as football, hockey, badminton, basketball, etc. this cardio exercise should be done for at least 150 minutes per week.
Exercise for mental health: the only mental health disorder is depression. There are no particular exercises for this depression, but meditation is the best way to get rid of depression. They should involve themselves in doing the exercise for at least 30-60 minutes per week is good to keep mental health.
Exercises for back pain: doing exercises for lower back pain also helps to strengthen the core legs, hip, and arm muscles. This also helps to increase the blow flow to the back and speed up the healing process. The exercise for back pain are bridges, knee to chest stretches, lower back rotational stretches, draw in maneuvers, pelvic tilts, lying lateral leg lifts, cat stretches, supermans, seated lower back rotational stretches.
Exercise for neck pain: neck pains are often the result of wear and tear, poor posture and weak core muscles. We have to maintain the core strength of the muscles, if they are not strong, your neck and shoulder muscles will be overworked and there are some core exercises that improve the strength of the Spine and the neck as well. The core exercises include chair stand, single leg raise, staggered chair stand, heel raise, standing side leg lift, front plank on the table. Each exercise should be done for at least 8 to 10 times every day.
Exercises for knee pain: knee pain is caused due to the wear and tear of the ligaments and muscles that are used often. There are some exercises that should be done to strengthen the knee muscles and relieve from the pain. The simple exercise for the knee strength is quadriceps, hamstring curls, prone straight leg raises, wall squats, step-ups, side leg raises, leg presses. It’s better to do these exercise under the guidance of the doctor if you have any knee problem.
Exercise for the chest: the exercise for the chest strengthens the muscles and daily work out makes the muscle to grow bigger and better. the exercise that strengthens the chest muscles are barbell bench press, flat bench dumbbell press, low incline barbell bench press, machine decline press, seated machine chest press, dips for the chest, incline bench cable fly.
Exercises for belly fat: there are three most important abdominal workouts that are more effective in achieving a strong abdominal muscles are bicycle crunches, captain’s chair, crunch on an exercise ball, twist crunches, side crunches, vertical leg crunch, and roll plank exercise, walking and running. This exercise should be done for at least 60 minutes per day.
Exercises for weight loss: the most popular exercise for weight loss is aerobic exercises. This may also include walking, running, cycling and swimming. This exercise will not have many results on the muscle mass when compared to weight lifting. You need to make a habit or a daily routine, this should be done for at least 30minutes a day.
Exercises for boosting your metabolism: metabolism is nothing that all the food is converted into the food into energy. Muscle cells need a lot of energy, which means they burn a lot of calories. There are doing some exercises like aerobic exercises, cardio exercises, lifting weights, biceps, and glutes. These can be done for at least 12 to 15 repetitions every day.
Exercises for diabetes: exercise improves the blood glucose control in type 2 diabetes, this reduces the cardiovascular risk factors and contributes the weight loss. The exercises are brisk walking, water aerobics, swimming or jogging.
What is the Workout Meal Plan?
The workout may last for an hour or two, but this diet includes 24 hours every day. The meal should be divided into 4 to 5 meals. Some foods show some impact on appetite. The person should include some foods in his diet to be fit and healthy. The foods must contain protein and fiber which is helpful to manage weight loss. The person should firstly drink more water. This helps in the metabolism of the body and also helps to glow the skin and avoid aging.
For weight loss, the person should include fruits and vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and yogurt.
For weight gaining the person should have potato chips, sugary beverages, red meats, and processed meats. And the person should also take the foods that are rich in lean protein including beams, chicken, eggs, fish, and turkey are good alternatives.
What are Exercise Precautions?
Make sure that you do not face any problem with the exercise if any immediately consult the doctor and pay attention while doing the exercise so that you can avoid the injuries.
If you feel any pain or pressure in the upper part of the body, cold sweat, trouble in breathing, fast or uneven heartbeat, lightheadedness or very tired. It’s better to consult the doctor and take medical care if needed.
At first, there will be normal pain in the muscles that get faded out as you get used to exercising. This pain normally stays for about 2 or 3 days.
Make sure that you do not do over exercise at the beginning itself. Increase the level of exercise day by day so that the body will get adjusted to it and becomes fitter and keeps you stay healthy and fit.
Make sure that you drink more water before getting dehydrated.
What are the risk factors?
It is important to know that, the restrictive practices will never be able to prevent cardiovascular diseases completely with the associated exercises. The person with this exercise recognizes and report the symptoms that often occur cardiac event. The persons may experience symptoms like
Chest pain, increase fatigue, indigestion, heartburn or other gastrointestinal symptoms, excessive breathlessness, ear or neck pain, upper respiratory tract infections, dizziness, palpitations or a severe headache.
If the person will not do the physical activity:
- There are several complications that occur due to physical inactivity. The factors that effects are
- The age of the person increases.
- Women are more likely to lead an inactive lifestyle than men.
- Less active and less fit people are at great risk of developing high blood pressure.
- Lack of physical activity can increase the feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Physical inactivity may lead to an increase in the risk of certain cancers.
- Older adults who are physically active can reduce their risk of falls and improve their ability to do daily activities.